As previously announced, the next meeting of the UIC Senate Subcommittee on Buildings and Grounds will be held Monday, February 9, 2009, 1:00 PM - 2:30 PM in Rm. 110, CUPPA Hall, 412 S. Peoria.
Please note that the location for the 1PM Monday, February 9, 2009 meeting is at Rm. 110 CUPPA Hall, 412 S. Peoria.
Each college or building on campus is encouraged to send a representative to the subcommittee meetings. Students, faculty, and staff are welcome. Vice Chancellor for Administrative Services Dr. Joseph Muscarella is scheduled to attend.
1. Follow-up on student concerns concerning washroom security. (10 minutes)
2. Draft outline of the Subcommittee Report on the challenges facing Buildings and Grounds on campus (20 minutes).
3. Update on the federal stimulus package and its possible impact on Buildings and Grounds (5 minutes).
4. Update on BSB building concerns: facilities, networks, telecom, and elevators. (10 minutes)
5. Update on ongoing Subcommittee initiatives: Bus Locator, Harrison-Peoria and other intersections, (5 minutes)
6. Summer Budget Office request for coordination on reporting summer classroom problems as they arise (5 minutes)
7. HVAC (heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning) energy-savings technologies under consideration for future building projects at UIC. (20 minutes)
8. Other topics of urgent buildings and grounds concern: referrals to VCAS. (10 minutes)
NB: Campus Master Plan discussion must be rescheduled for a future meeting. Please watch for announcements.
CUPPA Hall is 1/2 block directly north of the central Peoria St. exit to the Halsted/UIC Blue Line CTA stop. The nearest eastbound campus bus stop is at Peoria and Harrison. The nearest westbound campus bus stops are the Halsted and Harrison or the Morgan and Harrison stops. The nearest campus parking Lot is Lot 9, which can be entered on Morgan just north of